location  |  hours  |  directory  |  contact us An official County of Muskegon website
Home >> Services >> Food Service Sanitation >> Temporary Licensing

Food Service Sanitation - Temporary Licensing

A temporary food service establishment is a food service establishment which operates at a fixed location for a temporary period of time not to exceed two weeks (14 consecutive days). An example of a temporary food establishment is a concession stand at a festival or other event.


In accordance with the Michigan Food Law, Section 289. 4107: To qualify for a food establishment license, an applicant shall do all of the following:


  • Submit an application on a form provided by the department. (See below.)
  • Be an owner of the food establishment or an officer of the legal entity owning the food establishment.
  • Comply with the requirements of this act and rules promulgated under this act.
  • Allow the director access to the proposed food establishment in order to determine compliance with the applicable requirements of this act and rules.
  • Pay the applicable license fees at the time the application is submitted.


All the above requirements must be met before a temporary food license will be issued.


To Obtain a Temporary Food License



INSTRUCTIONS: Download the application and complete all applicable parts of Sections A-F and complete Attachment A, if applicable. Be sure to sign the application.


Return the completed, signed application form along with the fee  (see below - payable by check to Public Health Muskegon County) preferably 30 days prior to the event. The health department is located at 209 E Apple Ave, Muskegon, MI  49442. Applications with payment can be mailed or dropped off in person. Our office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00-12:00 and 1:00-5:00. We will conduct an on-site inspection when your establishment is ready to operate and issue the actual operating license at that time.


Food Service Sanitation Program Fees


For additional information, call (231) 724-4406.