For help getting the lead out of your home
The Muskegon County Land Bank Authority is available to provide information on lead-safe home repairs and to make referrals to lead removal resources. Please call (231) 724-1259.
Lead Hazard Reduction Program
If you live in Muskegon County, you may be eligible for help to make your home lead safe if:
- You have a child under 6 years old living in or visiting the home on a regular basis;
- You are a low to moderate income family;
- You live in a home built before 1978; and
- You own or rent the home.
Those who are eligible, receive:
- Lead Inspection/Risk Assessment and report of findings ($500 value).
- Lead Hazard Control Work - which may include new windows and doors and special cleaning and painting to qualified applicants.
If you'd like to find out if your home qualifies, call (231) 724-1259.
Even if you don't qualify for this program, we can help you determine what the next step is according to your situation. Please call (231) 724-1259.
Links for More Information
Michigan Healthy Homes & Lead Poisoning Prevention (MDCH)
Blood Lead Levels in Children (CDC)
Preventing Lead Poisoning in Young Children (CDC)
Lead Poisoning Prevention Program Annual Report
Links for Health Care Providers
CDC Case Management Information - 2014 Update
The CDC now uses a reference level of 5 micrograms per deciliter to identify children who have been exposed to lead and who require case management.
Clinician Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Portal (MDCH)
Links for Lead Professionals & Contractors
Lead Certification Process (MDCH)
Lead Training Course Schedule (MDCH)
Locate Accredited Renovation Training Programs (EPA)