The Muskegon Area Responsible Beverage Service Taskforce offers Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS®). TIPS Training is a skills-based training program designed for licensed alcohol establishments. The focus of TIPS Training is on responsible sales, service and consumption. Upon completion, training participants are TIPS certified for three years.
Responsible Beverage Service is a research-based environmental prevention strategy found to be effective in reducing hazardous alcohol use among bar and restaurant patrons.
Participants leave TIPS Training prepared to:
- Recognize signs of intoxication
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors
- Intervene quickly and assuredly in potential problem situations
- Understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those getting into trouble with alcohol
- Handle alcohol-related situations with greater confidence
- Use proven strategies to prevent alcohol-related problems
In addition, licensed alcohol establishments gain immediate benefits, such as:
- Improved customer service
- Increased staff professionalism
- Compliance with state and local regulations
- Lower insurance premiums
- Reduced exposure to alcohol liability lawsuits
- Decreased penalties for alcohol violations
The training is tailored to meet the specific needs of each audience and can be held onsite at the establishment or offsite at a County facility.
Responsible Beverage Service Training Request Form
For more information, call (231) 724-6350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about TIPS®, visit the official website at www.gettips.com.
Other Useful Information
Muskegon Area Responsible Beverage Taskforce
Simple Do's and Don'ts for Alcohol Retailers
Sales to Minors Warning Poster for Retailers
Substance Abuse Prevention Program Annual Report