Public Health Muskegon County offers Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS®). TIPS Training is a skills-based training program designed for licensed alcohol establishments. The focus is on responsible sales, service and consumption. Upon completion, training participants are TIPS certified for three years.
Responsible Beverage Service is a research-based environmental prevention strategy found to be effective in reducing hazardous alcohol use among bar and restaurant patrons.
Participants leave TIPS Training prepared to:
- Recognize signs of intoxication
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors
- Intervene quickly and assuredly in potential problem situations
- Understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those getting into trouble with alcohol
- Handle alcohol-related situations with greater confidence
- Use proven strategies to prevent alcohol-related problems
In addition, licensed alcohol establishments gain immediate benefits, such as:
- Improved customer service
- Increased staff professionalism
- Compliance with state and local regulations
- Lower insurance premiums
- Reduced exposure to alcohol liability lawsuits
- Decreased penalties for alcohol violations
The training is tailored to meet the specific needs of each audience and can be held onsite at the establishment or offsite at a County facility.
For more information, call (231) 724-6350.
To learn more about TIPS®, visit the official website at www.gettips.com.
Other Useful Information for Alcohol Retailers
Recommended Alcohol Sales Policy & Procedures
Muskegon Alcohol Liability Initiative ALI